I have been here at Virginia State for a month and two weeks, and still haven't adapted to the culture. I miss my home because I know how everything works and I know what to do and not to do. Here is like a foreign place I don't know anyone or anything around here, but that is what is helping me grow and build my character as a person going out and exploring new things stepping out of my comfort zone. Being away from what makes me most comfortable has been an emotional journey for me my mom, my boyfriend, my brothers, aunt, and my friends. most people here walk around on this campus comfortably because they know each other from back home or they literally live 20 minutes away. I hear everyone say how excited they are to go home for the weekends and I would love to go home for the weekend but I wouldn't be able to spend much time with them my time would be spent on the plane given I basically live across the country. But there are people on this campus that have helped me through my journey and make it nice for me.

Comments